A whole new year. While...at least most of one. Can it possibly be February?
I guess there are many unknowns to every year...well, every moment. So this post is simple ideas from someone who has no idea what song will pop up next on Pandora, let alone what her 2012 is going to be written like.
Last year I would not have dreamed of crawling into nine different airplanes and spending one weekend at home all summer. I'm not sure I would have ever planned such a thing, but I'm glad for every day of travel and busyness that made up 2011.
Once upon a time I believed I'd rather die than tutor...this year I started teaching and shocked myself for enjoying that too.
You get the idea... Life is strange.
This year should be tamer in one respect. You can't afford to traverse the earth every year. :-)
Anyways... This post has been in the works for weeks. The real point point is to talk about writing. Here are my writing goals for the year-
1. Finish my nonfiction book for our business. Like FINISH. And PUBLISH.
2. Complete the rough draft of Where Loyalties Lie.
3. Write a 100 page screenplay.
4. Submit at least 12 articles or pieces of poetry. Get published once.. :-)
5. Attend another multiple day writers' conference.
6. Write 24 poems.
7. Read a book a week.
8. Write letters.
9. Post on this here blog once a week.
10. Clean up a novel or short story enough to submit somewhere.
And all that, combined with the rest of this life, should keep me busy!
And, my #1 goal this year... Be willing to change my plans for the better ones God shows me through His faithfulness. Not clutch my ideas when He's got better ones. Learning this... learning this...
Now... on to regular posts again.
Thanks for reading,