Wednesday, July 7, 2010

True Motion - Me


Just exercising my writing muscles before starting into prose yesterday... Needs some work, but I thought I'd post it.

True Motion

I stood around wondering
A life of slow motion
I couldn’t stop pondering
A life without meaning

I saw the great crowd of eyes
And long fingers that point
I saw how fruitless life dies
And my own barren tree

I knew the great commandment
A life of His service
I knew the given blood print
A life of true worship

I stood but did not do
I saw it without change
I knew but was not new
I was far too afraid

I should be down in prayer
The eyes do not matter
I should be focused elsewhere
Then love grows for those eyes

I read to become trusting
A life of true motion
I did to stop my rusting
I life with true meaning

©Miss Pickwickian


Thanks for reading,
Miss Pickwickian

4 comments:

Johanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachelgrace said...

I think there are many Christians that can relate to the sentiments you've expressed here. Well done.

Ellen said...

excellent.

Johanna said...

I like the "stop my rusting" part. Very poetic. :-)