Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Veiled Freedom - J.M. Windle


Veiled Freedom by Jeanette Windle
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.






Rating:
8
Readability: 8
Impact: 8

Read it again: Probably
Recommend it: Certainly!



I picked this book up on a recommendation. I read 50 pages or so at the book store, but once it came home it sat on the shelf. I was sick this last week and took it back up.
I am always interested in well researched, good fiction. After reading Sigmund Brouwer's amazing Fuse of Armageddon (on modren day Israel) this book (centering on Afghanistan) really caught my interest.

I would have enjoyed a little different take on the climax and ending, but I thought the book was pretty awesome. :-) It certainly made me come away with a very different view of Afghanistan. I think the author does an excellent job of giving a balanced view. She doesn't even agree with herself but presents several point of views with different characters. It really gets you thinking.

It didn't make me laugh and cry (like Fuse of Armageddon), but I do highly recommend it. I wished she pulled a few things to more (the plot was mildly predictable...no big surprises) but I certainly thought it was an amazing book.

Once you read it we can talk about what I did and didn't like about it. ;-)

Thanks for reading,
Miss Pickwickian

No comments: