Saturday, April 16, 2011

In which Erin makes me the perfect journal!


In case you didn't know already... I love Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

I'm not sure when we first met, but it was a long time ago.

I know he was iffy on some theology points and we don't know exactly where he landed, but he was extremely smart and knew how to write things that stick in my head. I just think he was amazing.


Awhile ago I approached Hesed Books and Gifts about sponsoring a giveaway. Not only has Erin donated two amazing journals coupled with gift cards for future giveaways, she custom made me this perfect journal!


This quote from Dietrich Bonhoeffer has always been a reminder to me-

When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die.
~ From The Cost of Discipleship

Considering the life that Bonhoeffer lived and how he died, this is very powerful.

These journals are awesome. They make the perfect gifts for all sort of people. Their thin so they fit in my purse or in-between the crowded books on my desk. The paper doesn't have lines so I can write as well as diagram. :-)


It contains 20 blank pages (so 40 front and back), has rounded corners, and a cover of recycled content cardstock. The design and colors are awesome. It measures 4.25"x5.5 and has eyelets to attach gift tags, ribbon, or a lanyard to the outside.

What makes me just totally love this shop is the custom designing. I can't believe I actually have a Dietrich Bonhoeffer journal with my favorite quote! :-)
You can see Erin's already made journals here. They only cost $4.75. :-)

I'll be doing a Shakespeare and custom made C.S. Lewis journal giveaway from Hesed Books and Gifts soon. Each journal will also have a gift certificate to Erin's amazing shop.

Here are a couple more Dietrich Bonhoeffer quotes that have influenced me...

I've been thinking about this one a lot recently-

We have learned a bit too late in the day that action springs not from thought but from a readiness for responsibility.

~From Letters and Papers from Prison

I think that actually applies to a lot of life.

The believer is neither a pessimist nor an optimist. To be either is illusory. The believer sees reality not in a certain light but as it is and believes only in God and God's power towards all and overall that is seen.

~From No Rusty Swords

Thanks for reading,
Miss Pickwickian

2 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

There's an award waiting for you at my blog.

Anonymous said...

Perfect journal, and lovely blog.

Sometime you must tell us about your affinity for the dead, black tree stump...

...I suspect something mysterious and very Christ-centered...