Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My weakness for "Balle Balle"


Okay...Bride and Prejudice has more than it's share of faults. I know a lot of people who were just weirded out...
For me, the movie makes me happy but the characters are poorly drawn, some of the content is unnecessary, the romances is pretty lame, and the general flow of the movie is kind of a fail.

However, I love the music... Which is a big deal for me since I don't like most musicals at all.
This sort of music makes me happy (the pieces I like best are sometimes reminiscent of Slumdog Millionaire but happier).

The movie had an interesting premise and could have been great, but it wasn't. That doesn't mean the music can't be enjoyed. :-)

This is my official cleaning (and dancing) in the kitchen music.

The video has several moments of silence at the end. I couldn't find a better one unless you actually want to watch the movie scene. The movie scene is a beautiful wedding hubbub celebration. If you can't laugh and smile about it you need to lighten up. :-)

But unfortunately some of the dancing isn't all that chaste so I'm posting this instead...


Perhaps this post wasn't all that terribly edifying, but it might help you understand my psyche and how I cope with stress.

Thanks for reading,
Miss Pickwickian

3 comments:

Hayden said...

That is dancing in the kitchen music if I ever heard any :)

Molly Anne said...

I watched that movie with some friends a few years back and you're right, it's not the best but we had such a good time watching it and were singing the songs long after we'd seen it. I agree the music is good. :)

She Will Move Mountains said...

I agree with you so much! I liked this movie a lot, and it was mostly because of the vibrant colors to look at and the music that was GREAT to listen to!!